Completing a residential rehab program is one of the biggest steps you can take to face your addiction head-on yourself. Because residential rehab programs require you to live within a designated facility throughout the entirety of your program, you gain access to a myriad of services and benefits that are unavailable anywhere else.
Once you have completed your residential rehab program, you may be wondering about the next steps of your recovery. Even after completing a lengthy inpatient rehab program, it is important to continue moving forward with local outpatient programs and resources to ensure the longevity of your sobriety.
Resources Available After Completing a Residential Rehabilitation Program
While residential rehabilitation programs are extremely beneficial for anyone who is struggling with a serious and life-threatening addiction, they do not provide ongoing care and check-ups after you have completed your selected or designated program in its entirety. It is important to determine whether or not your chosen residential rehab program provides individuals in need of care with additional aftercare resources.
Some of the most common and notable outpatient programs or aftercare resources include:
- Therapy/Counseling: Regular addiction counseling sessions can help with deterring temptation or relapse. Meeting with a therapist or counselor who specializes in overcoming addiction is also a way to discuss the challenges and obstacles you are facing while remaining comfortable and at ease at all times.
- Sponsors: Sponsor meetings can help you to find an individual to assist you with remaining sober. Sponsors are often individuals who have a history of addiction but have remained sober for a lengthy period of time. It is also possible and beneficial to become a sponsor of someone else in need once you are ready to take on the challenge.
- Group Counseling/Therapy: Group therapy sessions can be extremely beneficial for those seeking moral, emotional, and mental support on their journey of sobriety. Meet with others who are struggling with their sobriety each day and learn to open up while remaining honest about your own fears and the future you envision for yourself.
What Are Aftercare Resources?
Aftercare resources are typically outpatient resources and local programs available for individuals who are interested in furthering treatment even after completing an inpatient treatment program. Aftercare resources can include traditional outpatient programs as well as IOP, or intensive outpatient programs solutions depending on your own needs and the type of assistance you require for the continuation of your sober lifestyle.
Always be sure to learn more about the types of aftercare resources your preferred residential drug treatment center has available before choosing a lengthy program that is optimal for you.
Benefits of Outpatient Programs and Resources
Discovering which resources and outpatient rehab programs are available near you after completing a residential program can help you to feel more comfortable and confident in your future plans. Some of the benefits to take away from an outpatient program or aftercare resource include:
- Support Group: Outpatient programs and aftercare resources are optimal sources of support. Building a support group is one of the biggest components involved in the healing and recovery process. Build a support group by attending group therapy sessions for additional mental, emotional, and moral support moving forward.
- Accountability: Regularly attending aftercare programs, counseling sessions, and sponsor meetings require accountability. Accountability is often necessary for those who are much more likely to abuse substances when there are no other individuals around.
- Routine: Scheduled meetings that require accountability help bring routine back into your life, even after completing a long residential rehab program. Routine is necessary to minimize the risk of going back to using drugs and alcohol again.
- Socialization: Getting out of your house to attend regular counseling meetings or therapy sessions is a way to ensure you remain social and not withdrawn.
- Friendships and Connections: Meet and make new friends along your journey to a life of sobriety. Meet other like-minded individuals who are only interested in living a sober and drug-free lifestyle. Make lifelong friends who are committed to similar goals and achievements as you work together to remain sober and drug-free.
Have you recently completed a residential rehab program and you want to learn more about resources near you? Are you unsure of where to begin? We can help. Call us at 888-380-0667 to speak with one of our representatives to learn more about various outpatient programs and rehab resources you have available near you today.