Facing and overcoming addiction with a drug treatment program can drastically reduce your chances of relapsing while providing you with the resources necessary to remain sober. Before entering a drug rehabilitation program, it is important to learn about your options to find a rehab center or facility that is right for you. Whether you are in need of a long or short-term rehabilitation program, knowing the resources available near you can help with choosing the treatment that is optimal for your needs.
What is a Residential Drug Treatment Center?
A residential drug treatment center often involves a facility that houses individuals who are seeking care for 30, 60 or even 90 days. Residential drug treatment centers are often referred to as inpatient care facilities. While enrolled in a residential drug treatment program, you will not have the ability to leave the center itself without permission and likely without monitoring. A residential drug treatment program is designed for the individual who requires constant ongoing care and guidance while working towards facing and overcoming their addictions head-on.
Some of the services and types of treatment provided in a residential drug treatment center include:
- Detox: If you have a serious addiction to drugs or alcohol that has become severe and life-threatening, you may require medically-monitored detoxing. Detox programs are available with residential drug treatment centers, providing you with ongoing care and monitoring to ensure the health, wellness, and safety of your body while eliminating toxins from your body.
- Case Management: Work with a case manager designed to help make your stay at your chosen or designed residential treatment facility as comfortable as possible.
- Medical Guidance: Receive guidance and advice from medical professionals who specialize in addiction and overcoming addiction.
- Counseling: An addiction counselor will be available to meet with you on a regular basis. Meet with an addiction counselor to discover triggers and root traumas that have led to your addiction. Learn how to unravel and uncover trauma that has caused your addictive habits and how to face the trauma.
- Group Therapy: Attend group therapy sessions for socialization and to learn more about the trials and tribulations that others like you have also faced with their own addictions.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
An intensive outpatient program often referred to as an IOP, is a treatment solution that combines elements of both outpatients as well as residential rehabilitation treatments. An intensive outpatient program typically involves medical detoxing, medical guidance, and traditional outpatient programs without requiring an individual to quit their current job or relocate.
With an intensive outpatient program, you will still have the ability to live at home, go to work, and complete everyday tasks and responsibilities while still having access to a variety of services that are otherwise only available with an inpatient drug rehab facility.
In some cases, an IOP solution may be ordered by a judge in a court of law if an individual has recently broken the law while under the influence or if an individual has violated their current probation order.
Choosing Between a Residential and an IOP Treatment Solution
Choosing between a residential and an IOP solution greatly depends on the severity of your addiction, your history of addiction, as well as your own motivation to overcome your addiction to begin living a life of sobriety. If you have a great support system, outpatient resources, and a current sponsor in place, an IOP solution may be optimal for you. An IOP solution is ideal for anyone who has the willpower and motivation to move forward with their journey to sobriety without giving in to the temptation that surrounds them each day.
However, if you feel as though you require ongoing monitoring and guidance, consider a residential drug treatment center or facility. A residential drug treatment solution provides all of the resources, amenities, and necessities required to face and overcome an addiction, regardless of the type of addiction you have and its severity.
Not all drug treatment programs are operated and managed the same way, which is why it is important to weigh and compare your options before choosing the treatment that is best for you. With the right drug treatment center and program, learn how to live your life without the constraints of alcohol and drugs.
Our counselors are available 24 hours a day. Call 800-723-7376 to learn more about our treatment programs and to discover which path is right for you today.