Our partial hospitalization program (PHP) features comprehensive, evidence-based treatment designed by our highly-skilled staff aimed to get to the core of substance abuse, in addition to the issues that drive it.
The PHP environment is more structured than an outpatient program but also allows patients the freedom to spend time with their families and friends at night. During the day, consistent communication with health providers and staff ensures the patient receives the support and treatment they deserve.
PHP offers people in recovery many of the same therapeutic services as a residential program while providing them with more flexibility to attend to external activities. PHP can be just as effective as inpatient treatment, however, as it offers similar treatments, including cognitive-behavioral therapy and group support.
PHP offers an excellent environment for people in recovery who are not yet ready to confront life’s temptations and difficulties. Individuals are allowed to interact and grow in a safe, supervised community of individuals who are also in the initial stages of recovery and understand the challenges others are facing. PHP is an important step for those who need more support than is offered in outpatient programs, but it is less limiting and structured than inpatient treatment. Upon completion of a PHP program, our clients are usually referred to an outpatient level of care.
The level of treatment you choose to participate in is ultimately your decision, and we seek to help you understand what PHP is, how it works, and decide if this program format will meet your specific needs.
Some questions you can ask yourself include the following:
- Do you want to concentrate on overcoming addiction while supported by a community of understanding peers?
- Do you want to experience the comforts of home while still being supported by compassionate, competent staff?
- Do you wish to have a life-changing experience in a program that offers a wide variety of modern therapies and medical programs?
If you believe that PHP might be appropriate for you, keep reading to learn more about the components that our PHP program includes.
A typical day in PHP consists of participation in a diverse group of activities, including process group sessions, individual counseling, experiential therapies, and more. Therapeutic services include the following:
- Individual and family counseling
- Individual and group therapy
- Trauma recovery therapy
- Treatment for co-occurring mental health conditions
- EMDR therapy
- Substance abuse and relapse prevention education
Some of the program’s components that our clients participate in and enjoy include the following:
- Music and art therapy
- Yoga and mindfulness meditation
- Adventure-based therapy programs
- Life skills and education workshops
- Nutrition and wellness education
- Sports, exercise, and other recreational activities
Although treatment for addiction and co-occurring psycho-emotional issues are at the heart of PHP, the client’s overall well-being is always considered. Our team of knowledgable, licensed professionals provides patients with a myriad of other services, including the following:
- Medical supervision and care
- Medication management and psychiatric sessions
- Legal assistance for probation and court-ordered treatment
- Case management services
- Transportation to and from activities
- Community support programs
- 12-step program group meetings, gym outings, and other healthy recovery activities
- Career and education counseling and assistance
- Aftercare planning services
Our PHP program helps patients focus on the difficulties they may encounter during recovery while offering care, support, and a secure, comfortable environment. In PHP, we also offer activities intended to help clients relax, interact with others, and have fun with supportive staff and community of people in recovery from addiction.
If you are seeking treatment for addiction and you believe PHP or another of our programs might be right for you, we urge you to contact us today!