Former Child Star Blake Heron Died Of Combined Drug Intoxication, Fentanyl
According to a recently revealed death certificate, former child star, Blake Heron, 35, died of an accidental drug overdose caused by the effects combined drug intoxication, including fentanyl.
In September, the actor’s significant other discovered him deceased in his L.A. area home.
Heron was best known for his portrayal as Marty Preston on the television series “Shiloh,” which aired in 1996. Heron suffered from heroin addiction in the past and had completed a stay in rehab.
Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid similar to heroin, but 50 times more potent. Both artists Prince (April 2016) and Tom Petty (October 2017) died from overdoses related fentanyl. Fentanyl is only indicated for use outside a clinical setting in the form of a slow-release patch or lollipop for the treatment of severe, chronic pain.
According to the Drug Enforcement Agency, however, most fentanyl on the street is not a product of drug diversion, but rather, it is manufactured in clandestine labs in China and shipped into the U.S.
Heron made his film debut in the film Tom and Huck (1995) and television series “Reality Check.” He later starred in several television movies, including Trilogy of Terror II (1996). Licensed Teacher (1996) was his most prominent role by the age of 14.
He played a dark teen in the HBO movie Cheaters (2000) and a similar role in Blast (2000.) After appearing in television hits such as Boston Public (2000), Family Law (1999) and The Guardian (2001). He played the role of Specialist Galen Bungum in We Were Soldiers in 2002. He also appeared in Dandelion (2004).
He most recently appeared in the documentary A Thousand Junkies which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. The film follows three heroin addicts looking searching for new means to get high after they have a falling out with their drug dealer.
~ G. Nathalee Serrels, M.A., Psychology